Getting the attention of children can be tricky sometimes, but it’s important for them to spend time with friends and family members, including their grandparents! For the grandparents who aren’t too sure about how to entertain your grandkids, here are some fun ideas to play around with that they will definitely love:
- Go on a scavenger hunt. This is a different activity that will entertain both parties and will also get the kids moving around. A scavenger hunt allows the kids to go on an adventure, and you don’t necessarily have to hide anything. Make a list of things you can find in nature such as a red leaf or a long twig.
- Look at baby books. Children are easily fascinated by seeing people they know, including themselves, at a different age than they know them now. Show them not only theirs, but their parents’ too. This is an easy and relaxing activity that can be kind of like a story time.
- Play cards. Teach them different games like go fish to introduce them to something new. It’ll get them thinking and your grandkids will love a little competition with you.
- Who doesn’t love to bake cookies? Especially children. You can have fun getting creative in the kitchen and helping your grandkids learn to measure and bake; the delicious treat you make is a bonus.
- Play some video or computer games to bond with your grandkids. Surprisingly, a lot of quality time can come out of these games, or even board games if that’s more up your alley. You will be surprised how much fun you’ll end up having and laughing with them as you play.
For Judd Builders’ 55+ communities, Renaissance at Morgan Creek and Meadow View Farms, these activities are perfect to plan for when the grandkids come to visit. Have some fun and connect with them on a higher level with these ideas and maybe add your own twist to them!