The holidays can be hectic with planning for family to visit, decorating and preparing food for your celebrations. Here are some ideas and tips to get you started on hosting and party planning to make the process easier:
- The most important step of stress-free hosting is making a game plan ahead of time. Make a list of everything you have to buy or do and even how many guests you will be having. You can cross these items off your list as you go, which is very organized but also ratifying.
- Timing can prevent a lot of worries. Pick dishes that get better with time or ones that can be served at room temperature. This way you won’t have to rush to put everything on the table as soon as it’s done.
- If you’re trying a new recipe, practice it beforehand in a smaller portion. Otherwise, go with what you know so that you don’t run into any problems.
- Make whatever you can in advance. This will take some pressure off the day you’re family is gathered around to enjoy your delicious meal.
- A good way of keeping things moving so everyone can get their food at a decent time is to serve buffet style. After that, everyone can relax, enjoy the food and quality time with friends and family.