Decorating your home is a fun outlet and a great way to show off your inner creativity. Every room of your home says something definitive about you: your style, your favorite color families, your fancy side and your whimsical side. However, to avoid having to redecorate every few years, it’s wise to go with timeless trends that never go out of style. This allows you to get the most out of your budget, too.
Bright orange…lemon yellow…purple…royal blue…these are all trendy colors that go in and out of fashion as the decades pass. They may appeal to your tastes right now, but they may not in five years. And if you intend on selling your home anytime soon, you don’t want to turn off potential buyers who don’t share your affinity for asparagus green. Stick with the classics for a style that endures.
- Blush pink: This warm and demure color can easily offset masculine furniture in a dark tone, says House Beautiful.
- Antique white: Not sure what color to commit to? You can never go wrong with white because it pairs well with virtually any color you can think of.
- Steel gray: Bolstered by a feeling of calm and strength at the same time, this color has an architectural feel that makes a great background for any room.
- Beige: A mainstay for any room, beige invokes a feeling of warmth and comfort.
From cabinets and counter tops to flooring and appliances, you can’t go wrong with these classics.
- Shaker cabinets: Simple stile-and-rail cabinet doors give any kitchen a classic look.
- Marble countertops: Yes, it’s got a high price tag, but rest assured this material will never go out of style, points out Apartment Therapy.
- Glass cabinets: Open up your kitchen visually with glass fronted cabinets for a timeless feel.
- Lighting: The best part about a kitchen is the light, preferably natural, so adding as many windows as you can is a great to bring that classic look home. When adding artificial lighting, make sure you have three sources: task, ambient and accent.
- Big sinks: A deep, wide sink that can be under-mounted to make cleaning a breeze is a must if you’re going classic. Make sure the faucet has a high clearance and a flexible nozzle to handle even your biggest cleaning challenges.
- Tile backsplashes: From ceramic to glass to cement, backsplashes are not only practical but decorative as well. They are so timeless, you’d be wise to choose a neutral color because it will last for life.
Living room accents that last the test of time include:
- Over-the-mantel mirror: Not only is this a classic touch, it’s functional too, making your living room seem much larger and more spacious than it really is.
- Area rugs: While hardwood flooring and wall to wall carpeting go in and out of style every decade or so, area rugs never will. You can place them over wooden floorboards, carpeting, stone, slate, tile…whatever you choose.
- Plantation shutters: While their color may go in and out of style, the shutters themselves are timeless. These elegant window coverings provide plenty of privacy but also the option for sunlight.
Come see our timeless home styles with Judd Builders. We have eight communities, each with its own style, price range and charm. Which one will YOU choose?