As autumn descends upon us, embrace the spirit of the season and get crafty. Decorating your home for fall isn’t nearly as daunting as you may think it is. Let the season inspire your home decor with these crafty and colorful decorations!
1. Add Seasonal Greenery: Arrange a bunch of magnolia leaves to a simple clear vase — the perfect way to add a refreshing appeal to a muted living room, especially when atop a rustic reclaimed-wood mantel, says House Beautiful. A bowl of pine cones and fresh cinnamon sticks completes the look.
2. Pile on the pumpkins: To welcome visitors to your door, add piles of pumpkins and gourds in a variety of colors, textures and sizes on each step. Offset them with potted croton and mums to cheer up your front porch. You can even add vinyl house numbers to a tall pumpkin to complete the festive look, as seen on HGTV.
3. Swap out your accents: Whether you like it or not, it’s time to swap out the linens and cottons from the summer and replace with autumnal tones. Add velvety, textured throw pillows in rich reds and golds, offset by coordinating throws as you get ready to warm yourself by the fire.
4. Add seasonal color: Boosting curb appeal in fall is easy when you choose hardy plants and flowers that are sure to withstand the winter’s frosty welcome. If you have window boxes or gardens, fill them with white, purple or fuchsia ornamental cabbages, pansies and English ivy for a splash of color. Inside, add fall-inspired flowers to clear vases on end tables and entryways. Sunflowers and alstromeria make excellent choices.
5. Display your memories: With friends and family coming over soon for the holidays, why not come up with some old memories for them to peruse during gatherings? Go through those old photo boxes, choose pictures that mean something to you, and put them in odd size and style frames. Choose one wall of your home as the gallery space and put them on display for all to see. This stroll down memory lane is the perfect way to spend quality time with those you love.
6. Create a Fall Wall: Perfect for above an entryway table, you can create your very own Fall Wall that embraces the spirit of the season. On the table, place a pumpkin and bowl of pine cones, apples or pears. On the wall, hang eclectic frames filled with pressed leaves, autumn prints, and rustic wreaths that welcome everyone who pass by.
7. Sweeten up your entryway: Expecting guests? Light their way with lanterns or tall glass hurricanes with pillar candles nestled in coffee beans, acorns or candy corn.
Fall is the perfect time to improve your home through simple décor changes or something a bit more permanent. After all, the holidays are coming. Call Judd Builders to start planning now!