Wallpaper is used to add a little more style and decoration to a room rather than using a plain color. But what most people might not realize is that there is more ways to maximize wallpaper than only using it to cover your dining room walls. Here are ways to transform wallpaper into creative accents for any room:
1. First things first, add wallpaper to some rooms if you don’t have any. Certain rooms look exceptionally better with wallpaper instead of paint such as bathrooms, dining rooms, offices, etc. It adds personal style as well as variety to your home. The best thing is, not all wallpapers have to be busy designs and textures. You can keep it simple with subtle patterns and colors or you can get a little more complex with it.
2. Display spaces are a not so obvious place to put a little bit of wall paper. A pretty patterned metallic wallpaper is the perfect background for a shiny display area. Placing items such as books, candle holders, vases and frames on a bookshelf in front of wallpaper of your choice is a great way to make the display pop. This tip can be used for other display areas such as bathroom and kitchen cabinets or shelves.
3. Add some style to a fireplace with just a few feet of wallpaper. Using a color and pattern that matches the rest of your walls can be displayed in the empty space above your fireplace to make it the focal point of the room.
4. Frame wallpaper. Although it’s more traditional, you don’t have to cover an entire wall with paper in order to use it. Play around with shapes and patterns to create your own art display in any room. A simple way to do this is by cutting out 12 different squares of four different patterns that compliment the rest of the room and hanging them in a rectangle shape. You can also get more creative with the shape of the wallpaper you cut out and where you hang them.
5. Add flair to something as simple as a coffee table with a piece of decorative wallpaper. Just place the piece of wallpaper directly on top of the table and use a top sheet of glass for the surface of the table. It can be changed at any time and you have a unique coffee table in minutes!
6. Create a feature wall by hanging your favorite wallpaper on a single wall in your room to make it the focal point. You can still use a fun pattern without overwhelming the room, and paint the rest of the room a complementary color so that it all comes together beautifully.
There is so much to do with wallpaper to make your home unique and personalized! Simple wallpaper projects can lead to a stylish room in any part of your home.