For those who want to get a taste of Italy without the travel time, there are great Italian restaurants right in Philadelphia. Italian culture and food is shown all throughout Philadelphia from neighborhood markets to street corner stores to high quality dining spots. On a quest to find the most delicious, authentic Italian food around, these places were seen as the best Italian restaurants in Philadelphia:
1. Bona Cucina is a small, but amazing, BYOB that includes unique Italian dishes that you would find in a busy Italian area. Each dish, made to perfection, will meet your expectations. A highly recommended dish is spinach raviolis with a side of meatballs. Address: 66 Sherbrooke Boulevard, Upper Darby, 610-623-8811.
2. Hostaria Da Elio is a restaurant with an extremely friendly and comfortable atmosphere. Popular for large groups, Hostaria Da Elio is very afforable and has a backyard patio for when the weather is nice. Address: 615 South 3rd Street, Philadelphia, 215-925-0930.
3. Davio’s style is Italian-American cuisine serving anything from cheese steak rolls to lobster tails to hand rolled gnocchi. A must try here is the lobster ravioli with fennel, tomato and sherry cream. If you visit Davio’s, you will most certainly get a wide variety of food options along with homemade Italian food. Address: 111 South 17th Street, Philadelphia, 215-563-4810.
4. Another place known for its handmade meals is Ulivo. The menu is ever changing and the pasta is always fresh, both big attractions for customers that come to Ulivo. Try like the slow-roasted pork with polenta. Address: 521 Catherine Street, Philadelphia, 215-351-1550.
5. Popular for its amazing pizza, Marrone’s is another one of the best Italian restaurants in Philadelphia. The staff loves to please and will accommodate for whatever request you may have. Dig into the triple cheese upside down pizza at 2744 County Line Road, Ardmore, 610-642-9567.