Everyone’s familiar with the Philly cheese steak, they have a history, have become an icon and even a tourist draw for the City of Philadelphia. For those who are lucky enough to have unlimited access to the famous Philly cheese steaks as residents in the city, here are places that are the most highly recommended for the best cheese steaks:
1. Number one on the list from visitphilly.com is John’s Roast Pork. They serve the finest, most authentic cheese steaks, located in South Philly. This crowd favorites secret is a crisp seeded roll to add some crunch to the juicy cheese steak. John’s Roast Pork received a James Beard Award for America’s Classics thanks to their popular sandwiches. Don’t forget to try their signature roast pork sandwich with rubbed and roasted pork simmered in its own gravy along with provolone cheese and sauteed spinach (if you’d like). Address: 14 Snyder Avenue.
2. Tony Luke’s is another South Philadelphia favorite to order and pick up an authentic Philly cheese steak from the street side window. Nothing on their menu will disappoint you, and it is all worth trying to get the real and full Philly experience. Address: 39 E. Oregon Avenue.
3. Pat’s King of Steaks is an original Philadelphia cheese steak spot. They weren’t wrong in calling it Pat’s King of Steaks, for its founder, Pat Olivieri, invented the steak sandwich in 1930. The family owned store in Philly has grown a lot since then, with recognition all over the world drawing everyone to try a Philly cheese steak. Address: 9th Street & Passyunk Avenue.
4. Geno’s Steaks is located right across the street from Pat’s as their competitor for more than 4 decades. Both stores are open 24/7 to satisfy any random cheese steak craving you may have at any time. Geno’s has been keeping up, serving amazing cheese steaks to all its loyal customers. Address: 1219 S. 9th Street.
5. At Jim’s Steaks, it’s not uncommon for there to be a long line of people out the door waiting to taste one of their memorable sandwiches. Get there at a good time to make sure you actually get a hold of a quality Jim’s cheese steak. Address: 400 South Street.
Judd Builders’ community Siena Place is located at the heart of Philadelphia’s most famous cheese steak spots. It’s a great treat to enjoy with your family whenever you please to experience the true taste of Philadelphia.